Inspire Awards – Winner 2018 Most Inspiring Employment Initiative
24 Housing Awards – Winner 2017 Best Training Scheme
Housing Excellence – Winner 2017 Best Tenants Employment/Training Programme. More
The Guardian Public Service Awards – Finalist 2017
Olmec is a BME led Social Enterprise which champions race equality through economic and social justice. We work with a broad range of clients and partners to deliver innovative solutions that inspire and act as catalysts for social change.
Our vision is “to create positive social change by empowering individuals, organisations and communities through training, support, networking and investment.”
We are passionate about serving communities and individuals with integrity, inspiration and accountability.
“At the core of all of our work are the values of social justice, honesty, transparency and excellence.”
What we do
Our services include:
- Employment Support which provides a brokerage service and a range of interventions to develop confidence, skills, experience, directly supporting people into work.
- Community Engagement, enabling Housing Associations and other civil society organisations to understand or deliver to the needs and aspirations of the communities they support.
- Social Enterprise Business Support such as the First Steps training programme for pre-starts and new-starts or the Step Ahead programme providing one-to-one support, training and networking for existing social enterprises. We also provide bespoke consultancy.
- Diversity and Inclusion services from one-off training days to full diversity strategy development delivered by a team of specialists. We turn diversity from a barrier to an asset!
- Leadership and Governance programmes such as Black on Board which aims to tackle under-representation in governance. Professional training and assistance to identify civil society organisation governance roles for people from ethnic minorities.
Olmec produces results!