We are recruiting a Project Support Officer to join our dynamic team!
Apply now to First Steps In Social Enterprise Programme!
Click here for more information
Olmec is a BME led Social Enterprise which champions race equality through economic and social justice. We support people into jobs, into social businesses and on to boards. We work as a catalyst for social change.
Olmec is supporting International Radio Clash Day
7nd February 2019
International Clash Day 2019 is pro-solidarity, pro-unity, and pro-inclusion. It is anti-racist, and anti-fear. It celebrates music as a tool for social consciousness, a band that made it sound so damn good, and an iconic record that still changes lives 40 years later.
Join us in celebrating London Calling and the Clash’s message of inclusion, multiculturalism, pro-immigration, anti-hate, anti-racism, and anti-fascism. It’s a message that is arguably even more relevant today than it was 40 years ago.
You can support Olmec by clicking on the donate button and read more about our programmes and work below.
Inspire Awards – Winner 2018 Most Inspiring Employment Initiative
24 Housing Awards – Winner 2017 Best Training Scheme
Housing Excellence – Winner 2017 Best Tenants Employment/Training Programme. More
The Guardian Public Service Awards – Finalist 2017
Our vision is “to create positive social change by empowering individuals, organisations and communities through training, support, networking and investment.”
We are passionate about serving communities and individuals with integrity, inspiration and accountability.
“At the core of all of our work are the values of social justice, honesty, transparency and excellence.”
What we do
Our services include:
- Employment Support which provides a brokerage service and a range of interventions to develop confidence, skills, experience, directly supporting people into work.
- Community Engagement, enabling Housing Associations and other civil society organisations to understand or deliver to the needs and aspirations of the communities they support.
- Social Enterprise Business Support such as the First Steps training programme for pre-starts and new-starts or the Step Ahead programme providing one-to-one support, training and networking for existing social enterprises. We also provide bespoke consultancy.
- Diversity and Inclusion services from one-off training days to full diversity strategy development delivered by a team of specialists. We turn diversity from a barrier to an asset!
- Leadership and Governance programmes such as Black on Board which aims to tackle under-representation in governance. Professional training and assistance to identify civil society organisation governance roles for people from ethnic minorities.
Olmec produces results!