Step Change is a holistic programme offering training in employability, enterprise, and community leadership in the boroughs of Brent, Newham and Barking and Dagenham.
Do you want toSubtitle
- Explore career options?
- Set up a social enterprise business?
- Become a leader, influencer or changemaker?
- Sit on a company or community board?
- Make contacts and build your networks?
Who is it for?
To be eligible for the programme you have to be:
- A resident of Newham, Barking and Dagenham or Brent
- From a Black, minoritised or racialised community. This includes people of colour including African, Caribbean, Asian and Latin American individuals, dual, and multiple heritage individuals, migrants, and refugees.
If the answer is yes, Step Change is for you.
What will it cover?
Our programme covers:
1. Introduction and the PESTEL environment
2. Understanding Employers
3. CVs, Supporting Statements and applying for Places
4. LinkedIn and Mock interviews
6. Introduction to business planning and social enterprise
7. Ideas to canvas – planning your business.
8. Operating a social enterprise
9. Finance: Budgeting and cashflow
10. Market research – Viability testing
11. Choosing the right legal structure
12. Confidence and Public speaking
The core programme is followed by one to one employment, training, and social enterprise support.
For more information email email@example.com
The free Step Change sessions help participants:
- Learn new skills for employment or business and/or Social Enterprise start up in a supportive environment
- Improve work or training prospects
- Develop social enterprise business plans
- Apply for jobs
- Develop community leadership skills
- Meet and be inspired by peers, trainers, and successful community leaders
- Gain confidence in public speaking techniques
- Acquire networking skills through meeting new people, and understanding how to develop contacts
- Have a say on employment, training & education issues
- Understand the formal meeting setting
- Work safely in communities
- Gain the skills to become a board member of a community or company board
Free one-to-one Mentoring Sessions
If you are unable to attend our full Step Change programme but would still like access to the resources and advice provided we are offering One-to-One Mentoring sessions every week to eligible residents
If you have any Questions contact us for more info: