Vacancy: Olmec Chair, HR and Legal Trustees
Location: Virtual & Flexible (our registered office is in Stratford, East London)
Renumeration: Honorarium and expenses
Duration: 3-year term
Closing date: 12 midnight, Sunday August 15th, 2021.
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 6th September 2021
Olmec is recruiting 3 trustees; a Chair, a trustee with HR specialism, and a trustee with legal specialism to join our dynamic team at a time of opportunity and challenge for our high impact organisation.
The successful candidate for Chair will have experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation and a successful track record of achievement through their career. The Chair will be at ease at high profile engagements and equally comfortable working in grassroots settings. They will have social enterprise or commercial experience and understand charitable governance and statutory requirements.
We welcome applicants from individuals from a wide range of professional backgrounds: social enterprise, public services including education, commercial and private sector organisations, local government, or the charity sector.
The Chair will work closely with the CEO and colleagues on the board to develop our strategic direction and good governance.
Olmec has a proven track record of delivering on our mission of race equality by supporting people into sustainable employment, into board positions and providing business support to social enterprises. Olmec has been working to promote race equality through economic and social justice since 2003. We were founded to respond to the needs of people living in challenging neighbourhoods, focusing on empowering people experiencing levels of deprivation.
Our principal activities are:
- Community leadership programmes such as Black on Board that offer a pathway into governance positions and promotions.
- Developing social enterprises through business support and capacity building.
- Employability training for social housing residents
- Equality, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racist training
- Support for the wider race equality sector
- Developing avenues to act as a catalyst for social change.
How to apply
Please send the following via email to john.mayford@olmec–ec.org.uk
1. Your CV
2. A supporting statement of no more than 2 pages explaining a) how your experiences and values align with our work and b) what you can offer Olmec
Further information and contact details:
C E O, John Mayford
Mobile: 07872 507 489