We are a member led community organisation whose mission is to train and mentor Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) people into board and community leadership positions. BoB Community was started by students from the programme who were so positively affected by the training. We realised as a group that training and mentoring, allied to the building of community is a powerful tool.
Our focus is on working with communities in London. However, the problem is a national one and crosses sectors, as our communities in London and the UK becomes increasingly diverse. London is the most ethnically diverse city in the UK with 34% of resident population made up of migrants (30% in outer London and 40% in inner London).
We want to be able to offer a grassroots member organisation that provides ongoing learning and peer support, open to everyone in the UK.
- Address underrepresentation at board level through the building of the Black on Board Community
- Building empowered confident communities through networking and peer support.
- Mentoring and networking within Black on Board Community.
Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone who:
- is aged over 16, and
- supports the aims of Black on Board Community
- supports the Olmec mission of race equality through economic and social justice
How do I join?
Complete the application form. The fee is £24 per year for annual subscription.
What do I get?
- A say in the Black on Board Community: one member, one vote.
- An opportunity to stand for election to the BoB Committee
- Invitations General meetings & awaydays
- Peer mentoring scheme
- Discounted training
- Access to board vacancies & a monthly newsletter
- Opportunity to gain board & social enterprise experience
- Moderated FaceBook Group