Black on Board Community was created by the students from the programme who were so positively affected by the training. The group realised that training and mentoring, allied to the building of community is a powerful tool. They wanted a grassroots member organisation that provided ongoing learning and peer support, open to everyone in the UK.
Who can join?
Membership is open to anyone who:
- is aged over 16 old; and
- supports the aims of Black on Board Community
- supports the Olmec mission of race equality through economic and social justice
How do I join?
Complete the application form. The fee is £24 per year for annual subscription which you can pay by Direct Debit (preferred), Paypal, BACS transfer or by invoice.
What do I get?
- A say in the Black on Board Community: one member, one vote.
- An opportunity to stand for election to the BoB Committee
- Invitations General meetings & awaydays
- Peer mentoring scheme
- Discounted training
- Access to board vacancies & a monthly newsletter
- Opportunity to gain board & social enterprise experience
- Moderated FaceBook Group