Ready to Grow
Olmec is offering social enterprise business support, training and business coaching to women from black and minority ethnic backgrounds including migrants and refugees from 2018 to 2020.
Ready to Grow comprises:
- Business coaching and training for social entrepreneurs/enterprises that have begun trading through the Step Ahead programmes
- Training for social entrepreneurs/enterprise with an idea, or at the early stages of the business through our First Steps In Social Enterprise Programme
Step Ahead For Black and Minority Ethnic Women
At Olmec we help client enterprises move their businesses forward independently and sustainably through our business support programmes.
“without your advice, direction and belief in our concept we may not have got this far as quickly as we have.”
Step Ahead is a programme designed for established and trading Black and minority led social enterprises to help them:
- Become investment ready
- Improve existing turnover levels
- Establish good business processes including financial management systems
- Improve leadership and governance
- Develop excellent methods of engaging with stakeholders
- Demonstrate and measure the social impact of their enterprise.
If you are interested in this programme, please email email@example.com for details of how to apply.
First Steps In Social Enterprise for BME Women 2019/20
Are you a budding social entrepreneur background, or someone with a business idea for a social enterprise that will benefit both minorities and the wider community?
Do you free advice to help you get your venture off of the ground?
Who is it for?
- Women from minority/migrant backgrounds with a social enterprise idea.
- People with a social enterprise idea that is migrant/minority led or benfiting a migrant/minority community .
- Migrants are defined as anyone born outside the UK who is now residing here.
*Minority led refers to Black Minority Ethnic
First Steps in Social Enterprise for Black and Minority Ethnic Women 2019/20 timetable:
- Launch July 25th 2019
- Application open July 25th & Close September 30th
- Shortlisting & Interview process October 1 – 4th
- Delivery dates:
October 2019, 12th, 26th
November 2019, 9th, 23rd
December 2019, 7th, 21st
January 2020, 4th, 18th
February 2020, 1st, 15th
Ready to Grow is funded by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and part of a partnership programme with Arhag, Praxis, Doctors of the World, Migrant Rights Network, Iranian and Kurdish Women’ Rights Network