First Steps In Social Enterprise is free and open to existing and aspiring female social entrepreneurs from BME (Black and Ethnic Minority) backgrounds. The programme is designed to support aspiring social entrepreneurs ideas through a structured 12 week programme.
Who’s it for?
You can apply if you …
- Are a sole trader, or have a skill and want to develop a business that benefits the community
- Have a social enterprise idea / social enterprise at an early stage
- Want to develop a social enterprise model from an existing community organisation
- Are an entrepreneur that wants to develop a social enterprise
What will it give me?
The sessions are driven by your social enterprise journey. First Steps will help you systematically map the mission-critical areas of your business plan, engaging practical tools, legal and financial knowledge, and business theory to support your social enterprise.
- March 30th First Steps in Social Enterprise Launch
- First Steps in Social Enterprise application process February 25th to April 21st
- Short listing & interviewing process April 24th to April 28th
- 12 week programme duration from April 29th to July 31st 2017
How to apply?
If you think that your social enterprise or your social enterprise idea can benefit from First Step in Social Enterprise programme, please complete the application form Download application here
Please send the completed forms back to:
Hard copies to: First Steps In Social Enterprise Programme, Olmec,
Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH.
Applications can be made online from 25th February 2017.
If you require further information, want to discuss the programme, or if you need help in filling in these forms, please call us on 0207 688 8019 or 0207 688 8020,
We look forward to receiving your completed registration.
“First Steps taught me what ‘fit for purpose’ really means”
Annetta Bennett, Impact Diversion
“Working with Olmec on the development of the
business plan has brought a fresh perspective and new
skills to HustleBucks”.