Vacancy: Development Director
Salary: £35,000 and benefits package
Duration: 2 year contract
Closing Date: 12 noon, Thursday 22nd March 2018
Interviews Date: Thursday 29th March 2018
Olmec is recruiting a Development Director to join our dynamic team. We have a proven track record of delivering on our mission of race equality by supporting people into sustainable employment, into board positions and providing business support to social enterprises. Applicants will have experience in business development, the social housing sector, enjoy being part of a small team and be used to working in diverse communities. We are a flexible employer and welcome job share applications.
Olmec has been working to promote race equality through economic and social justice since 2003. We were founded to respond to the needs of people living in challenging neighbourhoods, focusing on empowering people experiencing levels of deprivation. Olmec has been delivering a series of successful programmes since that time.
Our principal activities are:
- developing the capacity and sustainability of social enterprises through business support.
- supporting social housing residents into work through innovative employment training, job brokerage and coaching programmes.
- community leadership programmes such as Black on Board that offer a pathway into governance positions.
- supporting the race equality sector.
- bespoke consultancy to meet the needs of the social housing sector.
- developing avenues to act as a catalyst for social change.
How to apply
You will need to send the following via email to john.mayford@olmec–ec.org.uk
1. Your CV
2. A supporting statement of no more than 2 pages
3. A summary (no more than 1,000 words) of how you think Olmec can increase our income streams and deliver on our mission.
Further information and contact details:
CEO: John Mayford
Address: Olmec, Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, Angel, N1 0QH
Phone: 0207 688 8019
Mobile: 07872 507 489