[available as PDF download]
The Chalkhill Community Trust Fund (the Trust Fund) has its origins in the successful regeneration of Chalkhill. It is the result of joint working between public agencies, the developers and the local community.
The Trust Fund was possible initially because of the considerable funds released by the sale of land to ASDA. This money was later supplemented by additional funds from the sale of a training centre initially used during the physical rebuilding of the area.
The Trust Fund is actively managed by the Trustees who are comprised of representatives from Metropolitan, Brent Council, the local community and local residents. Olmec supports the administration of the Trust Fund by providing the secretariat.
Chalkhill Community Trust Fund
The Welford Community Centre
113 Chalkhill Road
Telephone: 079 7200 7412
|Rounds||Grant opens||Application deadline||Applications considered||Decisions sent out|
|Spring round||25 Jan 2017||24 Feb 2017||22 Mar 2017||29 Mar 2017|
|Summer round||19 Apr 2017||19 May 2017||21 Jun 2017||28 Jun 2017|
|Autumn round||19 Jul 2017||18 Aug 2017||20 Sep 2017||27 Sep 2017|
Want to know more?
For more information and to request an application pack, please contact Webi Anyia on email@example.com or 079 7200 7412.
Alternatively download the application pack here:
- Funding Criteria and guidelines
- Chalkhill Community Trust Fund Application Form for organisations & groups
- Chalkhill Community Trust Fund Individual Application Form
Applying for a Chalkhill Community Trust Fund Grant Workshop
Grant Applicants are invited to attend an Applying for a Chalkhill Community Trust Fund Grant Workshop before submitting an application. The workshop for charities, community groups and social enterprises will guide you through the Chalkhill Community Trust Fund eligibility criteria and the steps that you need to take to complete an organisation grant application.
The workshop lasts around 2.5-3 hours. An upcoming workshop will be held in February 2017.
Chalkhill Trust Fund Aims :
- To provide or assist in provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation in the interest of social welfare and with the object of improving the conditions of life for the residents of Chalkhill including especially persons who by youth, age, infirmity, disability, poverty or social economic circumstance may have need for such facilities.
- To provide services, advice or assistance to elderly, disabled, handicapped (whether mentally or physically) or chronically sick residents of Chalkhill who are in need, and which are specifically designed or adapted to meet the disabilities and requirements of such persons.
- To relieve poverty amongst the residents of Chalkhill in such ways as may be thought fit. Advance education and training and provide work experience to unemployed Chalkhill residents.
- To provide public health and childcare facilities for residents of Chalkhill (but not including facilities which any public authority is obliged to provide to such persons).
- To promote public safety and prevent crime.
Grants Awarded 2015-2016
List of grant awards made during financial year
1st October 2015 to 30th September 2016 [available as PDF download]
Chalkhill Community Trust Fund
The Chalkhill Community Trust Fund (CCTF) is an active independent grant making charity which aims to improve the well-being and quality of life of residents of Chalkhill Estate and surrounding areas in Brent. It has a fund of around £1.4m and is governed by a Trustee Board which meets quarterly.
Olmec has been working to promote race equality through economic and social justice since 2003. Olmec was founded to respond to the needs of people living in challenging neighbourhoods, focusing on empowering people experiencing levels of deprivation. Olmec has been delivering a series of successful programmes since that time.
More about Olmec and our services: www.olmec-ec.org.uk