I.COMM aims to harness community strength and turn this to positive action.
I.COMM offers an inclusive approach to community development and engagement. Through this programme we have engaged with social housing providers and their residents to deliver programmes of activities which respond to community needs.
It is delivered by our experienced and skilled staff who are passionate about working with communities and offers a flexible approach. We can tailor the programme to suit any community.
Our community development work is often integrated with the Solid Foundations employment support service. Our community development team carry out inclusive research to identify peoples’ needs and aspirations in terms of the type of work they are seeking, offering appropriate Information Advice & Guidance.
We offer the following services:
- Community needs assessment
- Resident surveys
- Development of social investment strategies or community development plans
- Community engagement activities – including door knocking, events, working with resident boards
- Community events – including fun days, resident parties, trips
- Targeted programmes – such as school holiday programmes for young people
- Skill development – such as accredited and non-accredited courses.
“Olmec is starting to make a creative impact in a multi-ethnic and, in some ways, hard to reach community where little has been attempted before. I look forward confidently to seeing the work continue and grow in effectiveness.”
Michael O’Connell, Chair of Bolney Meadow Community Board
We also provide monitoring and evaluation data for all our programmes.
For example, on just one estate in 2011-12, we arranged and delivered 35 training and community events, and delivered 182 employability sessions. With the involvement of our Solid Foundations team, we directly supported 10 people into work.
During 2011-12 across all the programmes we delivered, the I.comm team engaged with 2348 people, including 700 young people.
Download the brochure: I.COMM Brochure
Examples of I.COMM activities provided for previous and current customers:
- Bolney Meadow Easter Youth Programme
- Incredible Edible Community Food event
- Parenting Programme
- Literacy training
- Personal Development course
- Bolney Meadow Summer Youth Programme
If you would like us to deliver I.COMM in your area or for more information, please contact Aledina Miah at email@example.com