Designed with a specific focus on young people between 16 and 30, in response to the needs of people who were out of work or wanted to develop new skills & abilities to help their career.
FutureLeaders helps participants:
- Improve work or training prospects
- Have a say on employment, training & education issues
- Develop Community Leadership skills
- Gain the skills to become a board member:
- Inspiration by meeting peers, trainers and successful community leaders
- Confidence by learning new skills in a supportive environment
- Public Speaking techniques to get your message across in public setting
- Networks through meeting new people, and understanding how to develop contacts
- Working safely in communities
- Understanding what it means to work safely and the how community, statutory, third sector and business worlds relate
- The skills to understand what happens in a formal meeting setting
- The skills to sit on a community or company board
“To have a voice, you need the words; To have power you need a seat at the table”
Would you like to talk to Olmec about commissioning a Future Leaders programme? Get in touch here.